F50 alignment Question???

Discussion in 'Wheels and Suspension' started by UcanTry, Apr 19, 2007.

1. UcanTry

UcanTry New Member

well im getting ready to put some wheels and suspesion on my f50. Ive tried getting the car alignment done before and the places ive took it they all say they can align the car but the stearing wheel wouldnt be straight because you got to get the computer reset cause of some electronic value in the car.
    so id have to take it to the dealer.....now my question is when i lower car how do i get the car aligned if this is true.......

2. Benji

Benji VSC Super Moderator

Not sure if that's true, are these places just scared to align a lowered car? If so, you can take it to my cousin's shop in Sterling, VA www.vipgarageonline.com or give them a call at 703-433-2400 to see how much they are charging, let Martin or Pj know Benji sent you.

3. UcanTry

UcanTry New Member

no cause when i have taken to car to these places its been stock height so i had to go the dealer, but now im going to be lowering it so tring to figure this out before i do it

4. Benji

Benji VSC Super Moderator

Ah I see. Hmm, no idea man, I wish I could help, even more I wish I had an F50. Let us know what you find out so we can use this thread for reference.

5. UcanTry

UcanTry New Member

anyone???

6. auditech

auditech New Member

bring it to the dealer then. there wont be that much of a difference in cost, plus you will have somebody that knows what they are doing working on your car

7. jzz30tt

jzz30tt New Member

He won't be able to have it aligned at the deal becuase his car will be too low. It won't be able to get on the alignment rack at the dealership.

Obviously if that were option I don't think he'd even be asking this question.

8. 19psi

19psi New Member

IT IS true that some cars have an electronic steering gearbox that needs teh factory scan tool be set straight after an alignment, but ONLY if the wheel isn't straight. if it's straight after settting toe, then there's no need to have the factory scan tool. when i worked at Lexus, the GX470 was like that, but we only had to mess with them if it wasn't straight after the alignment.
    up to you...

9. 19psi

19psi New Member

actualy many high end dealerships have in ground drive on racks so any car can be driven on it.

10. auditech

auditech New Member

I guess Ive only worked at and seen places that have the in ground racks. Makes sense, my bad