Dipping stuff.

Discussion in 'Interior' started by VIPFlame, Sep 19, 2008.

1. VIPFlame

VIPFlame Member

Have you guys seen this:

They do wheels and interior pieces thinking about doing my whole interior with wood grain in a black burlwood in a matte finish....

http://www.dip-tech.org/Home_Page.html

2. AutofashionFred

AutofashionFred VSC Super Moderator

its been around for a long time. Its a water transfer process that alot of people use.

3. VIPFlame

VIPFlame Member

yeah man real interested in doing this to my wood grain

4. kaizer

kaizer New Member

Go up a notch by getting it airbrushed!

There's a guy here that does that. Top quality stuffs.

5. OG

OG Active Member

i would say water transfer is up a notch from airbrushing. same process used by oem. airbrushing is cool and takes talent but you are not going to recreate a texture as well as it can be digitally printed an transferred. add to that the general lower cost and hydrographics becomes the clear winner to me.

6. thebeeguy

thebeeguy New Member

Ooo ooo oo.... Gotta dip my interior pieces in Burlwood... oo oooo oooo!

7. Kohinoor

Kohinoor VSC Super Moderator

8. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

ive emailed phoenix imaging 3 times before going airbrush. they didnt even get back to me over a year later. havent heard of diptek before but it looks like they use some of the same pics off the phoenix website? :shrug:

9. timywong

timywong New Member

this is a great idea for those interior pieces with woodgrain.

10. RaCinStylez

RaCinStylez VSC Super Moderator

me and joe just sent a ton of things to PatternTek in FL... I get my boxes today and ill see how good thier work is.

11. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

U both went with the same color? Im waiting on the results before I send some things

12. RaCinStylez

RaCinStylez VSC Super Moderator

na, we got differant wood grains =)

13. JDMGalant

JDMGalant Member

Nyce.

Goodbye Woodgrain "style" trim....

Hello dipped parts.

Only reason why I havent got a double din dish for my ucf10 is the loss of the woodgrain flow i got going....

[​IMG]

14. VIPFlame

VIPFlame Member

anxiously waiting for racingstylez pics....

15. VIP KING

VIP KING New Member

WHAO!! =)

So much for having my stuff custom painted, I just found out how to get done what I need done, and probably for far less then a paint job.

Great find, thanks to whomever did this research!

16. airmax

airmax VSC Super Moderator

SHOULD be sometime next week. after HIN dallas. i think thats the next time he or mr exec will post any kind of pics of their cars.

17. esvipstyle

esvipstyle New Member

noone in socal does that huh?

18. lexusondubs

lexusondubs New Member

racingstylz can you please elaborate on this wood dipping iam interested in doing some parts ! thanks ........

19. Rodneyc77

Rodneyc77 New Member

I've used B & I trim in the past for some dipping since they are local to me here in NYC... they did an excellent job... but they are alittle expensive compared to patterntek...

Great to see that more and more companies are performing this service. It leads to better pricing to the end user...

20. lextronics

lextronics New Member

im in ny and im planned on doing this..does this place have a website?

also how much did it cost you and do you have pics of there work...

sorry for all the questions i was thinking about sending my pieces out, but if i got a place in new york then that will save me so much time...thanks for your help :biggthumpup: