Dippin wood

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Kouki Monster, May 25, 2011.

1. Ronnie81

Ronnie81 New Member

2. revtek_gs3

revtek_gs3 New Member

Here are a few pics of the wood pieces that were dipped as well as the engine pieces.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

that looks great!

4. tommiedred

tommiedred New Member

Looks real official..

5. RITZY33

RITZY33 Member

^^^
    thats some damm good work:biggthumpup:
    was looking to do something similar with my trim as well now I can't wait to get started with my interior...

6. Ronnie81

Ronnie81 New Member

drew holla at me when youre ready cause i know someone here in socal does some sick ass stuff...lemme know!

7. ultra vip

ultra vip New Member

8. Juzzo

Juzzo VSC Super Moderator

That's true. Any one out there that could point me in the right direction in finding a dealer for the film? I've been searching for a while but nothing concrete has come up yet... If not willing to discuss this in public please pm me instead :biggthumpup:

Oh and no worries about losing your business, I'm in Finland so wouldn't be able to send the pieces for you to dip. I'm a diy sorta fella =)

9. lowlyfey34

lowlyfey34 New Member

pix no worky. vid is dope. i plan on dippin my factory woodgrain pieces to do a black birdseye pattern. and makes me wanna do my engine cover to match too lol

10. ultra vip

ultra vip New Member

Are you coming to springfest next weekend with nc ISO? If so I'll introduce you to the owners of source hydrographics to get your interior done. If not we can discuss it during the ISO/IA meet in NC if you'll be there.

FYI price is no where near $2400 for interior package.

11. lowlyfey34

lowlyfey34 New Member

nah, i'll be up in charlotte for the summer IA meet tho.

12. OG

OG Active Member

My dip partner ballparked most luxury car interiors from $1-1.5K.

13. lowlyfey34

lowlyfey34 New Member

there is a shop maybe 30 miles from me that seems to do some legit work....i'll pay them a visit one day to get a quote worked up for my stuff.

14. Juzzo

Juzzo VSC Super Moderator

Yeah boi, found a couple different retailers in Germany who sell the film and activators to anybody :runcoold:

Now just need to figure out what patterns to order, hmmm so much choices :giggity:

--------
    For the fellow diy brothas here're the links:
    http://www.carbotec-shop.com
    http://www.wt-direct.eu

Only problem for the non-European customers is that they'd need to get the activators from their local retailers 'cuz only the films can be shipped internationally...

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  15. craigsb

craigsb New Member

[​IMG]

Just started dipping, dipped my interor pieces to match..can do about anything..wood grain, burlwood, carbon fibers..websites not up yet but soon...

These are crap cell pics..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We do use top quality paints, film, and clear..can text me at 3142219710 or pm me if you got any questions..

16. craigsb

craigsb New Member

Sorry double posted..

17. vtund777

vtund777 New Member

These look pretty good! I've been researching how to work with veneers and running into issues learning how to wrap them. I may go this route instead.

Take some close detail shots and what are you using as a final coat?

18. craigsb

craigsb New Member

Automotive clear...I'll take a pic of the part I have with me..

19. NYC03Alti

NYC03Alti Member

forget the wrapping for a sec, you have an air tank under your hood?!

20. brainneeded

brainneeded Active Member

belt driven compressor?