Dippin wood

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Kouki Monster, May 25, 2011.

1. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

I am making this thread since this section lacks a lot of interior stuff. Seems like a lot more people do exterior and suspension stuff so those sections are more popular. Apparently people think their stock interior is like bomb as hell lol

But list up those places where you get your wood trim dipped at. Post up before and after. Also what are the prices you pay. Is it by square foot, per piece ect. I am looking to do this asap. Is diptec the only place?

2. To my knowledge, it's usually per square inch.

www.hydro-dip.com is actually up in Meridian Idaho.

3. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

Dang, call me cheap but 500 minimum? might as well buy the color i want from a wrecking yard lol

4. Oh shit. Didn't notice that. Nevermind!
    Ever look into that 3M DiNoc stuff? They have a ton of patterns. Not water transfer, just vinyl.

5. OG

OG Active Member

most companies charge by the square inch and it isn't cheap. a typical four door interior runs $1k+. price will vary based on area, prep needed, and amount of disassembly involved.

i am now offering this service. i got a couple projects that will be getting new finishes, but they're on the back burner for now.

6. DIRTYATL

DIRTYATL Active Member

Stock interior the bomb?? Nah sun, hopefully I'll be pulling my shit out this winter and get a full custom interior done..Im trying to touch all parts of my ride, not just exterior

7. BAHC

BAHC New Member

you can always sticker bomb the interior :saiyancrunks:

8. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

Lol that is basically what dipping it is just a fancier way of saying it lol

9. a.blanco0905

a.blanco0905 New Member

I think anything's stock is wack... ima trademark that, lol... nah but seriously tho, I feel the same way you feel about ppls rides, they do the outside and boom they're done, dont get me wrong some dudes in here got some sick shit going on but only on the exterior and the interior is all OEM, that's not a good look... My M45 came with aluminum trim and I wanted wood so long story short I swapped with this dude, but I'm already bored of the wood so Ima paint it jet black... I know I'm not revolutionizing anything doing that but I got another trick up my sleeve that i'll post a pic up once I do it, (if my budget allows) that hasnt been done (or I havent seen) on a Y50 M. But really tho stock is wack ppl...

10. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

yeah for sure man

11. ricky_db

ricky_db Member

I'm workin from the inside of the car to the outside

Sent from my android using tapatalk

12. EliteAutoStyle

EliteAutoStyle VSC Vendor

I remember a Vendor on here a long time ago Dip-Tech if I remember correctly. But everyone said they never got replies back or something

http://dip-tech.net/

13. lowvanu2

lowvanu2 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My basic black glove box door matched to the Italvolanti steering wheel. Even the gold undertones were achieved...

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  14. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

and the going rate would be?

15. NELSON09

NELSON09 Active Member

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  16. jzz30tt

jzz30tt New Member

17. speedaddict

speedaddict bippu cowboy

I'd love to do this to my interior...but I'm scared it wont match right...

18. OG

OG Active Member

gaurenteed match over here. you know i wouldn't give you anything less than almost perfect, lol. i can have sample pieces done for serious customers (i.e. send everything you want and we match it, get the ok, and finish the job).

19. speedaddict

speedaddict bippu cowboy

turnaround time OG?

20. OG

OG Active Member

a week or so?