color changing gator f50

Discussion in 'Interior' started by jaynick808, Dec 6, 2007.

1. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

wait...what did i miss out? whats going on tomorrow? the car is finished already?

2. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

ok heres a couple pics for now. not done cleaning the interior.

Front door with new woodtrim[​IMG]

Rear door with new woodtrim. i want to send rich my tweeter panel and the window switch cover to get done also. what do you guys think? i might even do the handle. probably not though since the paint my chip off.[​IMG]

shot of B pillars with the gator on the bottom and quilt pattern on top. see this is why i went with the light sand color stitching cause of my same color oem plastic.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ill try to get better pics later. my camera is lame. and the lighting is weird in my garage. my dome light is broken now so i didnt put it on yet. oh and the shop forgot to poke holes for my oh shit handles so now i need to guesstimate where the handles screw in.

3. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

Oh, im still mad :saiyancrunks: after taking a month i expected nothing short of perfection. But it wasnt. so i told him off again and paid him half of the original price. this shop is so lame, if there were more hawaii people on VSC id make a post so everyone knows how retarded these guys were. what is it with shops down here and horrible customer service and no business ethics. i cant even get a hold of my audio installer again. :slap: sick of it. if i wasnt waist deep in parts in this project id sell it and start fresh.

4. carlos

carlos New Member

the wood grain color seems off.

5. carlos

carlos New Member

it all looks pretty damn good though.

6. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

it is...some of the other pics i took look waaay different. depends on the lighting and flash. its a lot darker than mine. the grains are nice though.

edit:hey maybe i could start a trend with mulitple types of woodgrain in one car. lol. add some charcoal wood here and there

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  7. zion_97

zion_97 Banned

Yeah that was a very very hard wood grain to duplicate color wise..becuase it is real wood and not fake like the Y33..With real wood grain like his it appeared darker, lighter, yellower, oranger and goes on...it is hard to match %100 to the real deal...I had to spray orangeish pearls and yellow pearls to get the color to flip flop a little bit when there was direct light on it..but if there is no direct light it will appear darker than the other pieces..

ex.
    [​IMG]

this lighting shows a pretty good match at least %90..

these parts dont look like a %90 match but if you look on where the sun hits the paint notice that color matches the the piece I was sent...
    [​IMG]

ITs hard paint something like this and with widebodyq's parts I thought were difficult but this color wood was nearly impossible to match in all lighting sources..:sad: I did my best...

I know even in my LEXUS LS470 that uses real wood grain parts..they all dont match..my center consoles is darker/reder than my steering wheel..THe door pieces are oranger than my navigation souround...no excusess just I did the best I could to match it in direct sunlight and in darker areas..I bet when the doors are closed and no flash they probably look really nice..

I hope that jaynick808 was satisfied with the results..

MAn that interior looks sick..love the double stitching..PIMP!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  8. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

lol ill keep that in mind when i pick up my Q. but i think the stock wood grains are perfect as it is because it makes you feel surrounded in luxury. the other wood grain on the bottom armrest kind of throw off the flow.

but the gator looks fucking sick man. glad you got it back.

did he accept the 50% pay?

9. zion_97

zion_97 Banned

I dont know mang that interior looks hella sick..Once he has it all complete I bet that folks will drooool over his interior..I like the way the door looks...cant waite to see all the other pieces installed:biggthumpup:

10. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

you know whatd be sick. if you paint his door handles

11. DriftGirl

DriftGirl Banned

:biggthumpup:

12. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

rich: dont worry brotha! im still gonna be a repeat customer. i knew from the start it wouldnt be 100%. the grain is beautiful looks real from a foot away. after i wetsand it should be straight.

vzuptnguyen: yes i gave that shop half. fck em. but didnt i post that already? lol. and honestly while youre in the car you cant see the bottom woodgrain, which is what i was going for. so it doesnt ruin the flow of the woodgrain too much while youre in it.
    i just think it looks fukn sick when u pull up to valet or whatever and people step out the car and theres led lights and wood everywhere. :shrug:

errr i hate when cars have little slivers of wood. :rules:

and yes im going to most likely paint the handles, but im gonna paint the window switch/door lock cover next to the handle for sure. gonna wait awhile though and send him a second round. got some other stuff in mind for now.=)

13. carlos

carlos New Member

send him the stock wood pieces so he can paint those, that way it will match =)

14. OG

OG Active Member

looks pretty good. a little busy for my taste but definitely vip status.

15. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

I think it looks good. Def VIP. I would of just used darker stiching instead but overall, I like it. :biggthumpup:

16. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

yeah it came out extra busy. the shop didnt match up the pattern on the pillars to flow with the headliner more. so the designs clash a little as they connect. its okay though only cost me a few hundred. can redo it if i feel like it. if only i could find another reputable shop...

my car feels like a lounge now its so dark it sets a relaxing mood. not to mention i have so much ceramic and insulation on my car now that it feels like im ridin in a white on white car with 5% tint. =)

17. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

yeah the flash makes the stitching jump out at you. but its a color matching tan. probably same as your interior color. :shrug: o well

18. Razzi

Razzi New Member

that thing looks like if you ever rolled over, you'd probably be more comfortable upside down. words cant describe it, nice job :)

19. bbdaisukidesu

bbdaisukidesu New Member

that is definately siick man! your car is gonna be one of the best vip styled cars in hawaii when its finished!

which shop did this?

20. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

no, i know u only paid him half. but i jsut wanted to know if he just said fuck it and took the half. or if he got pissed and tried something

btw, ur gonna need more pics than that to satisfy this crowd =]