color changing gator f50

Discussion in 'Interior' started by jaynick808, Dec 6, 2007.

1. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

experimenting with double stitching (going for modeparfume look) and using color changing gator leather.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    showing comparison between stock and led festoon bulbs. will post more pics of other pieces as they get finished. hoping to have zion97 paint a bunch of pieces in 1 month so ill wait to finish my interior til i get the pieces back from him. pretty excited to have more woodgrain. i always thought it was pretty lame how ls430s you can change out almost any detachable plastic piece with real wood :signdammit: but f50 you can only get a lame stick-on dash kit.

2. DriftGirl

DriftGirl Banned

You do You playa!! :biggthumpup:

3. kaizer

kaizer New Member

More pix!

4. jbo

jbo VSC Super Moderator

I think I like the rear pillar but I need to see more...is that the same material as on the visor?

5. zion_97

zion_97 Banned

I like that rear pillar..looks good...have you thought about sticing the visor as well???

6. firelizard

firelizard VSC Super Moderator

Stiching over croc? Gives me the willies.

Not normally a fan of animal prints, but that colour changing croc is pretty cool!

7. nextgear1

nextgear1 Member

where are you sourcing your material. I think the rear pillar is baller. did you stitch it yourself or buy and cover?

8. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

Looks good. I was planning to have my seats done like that but in different materials.

9. vip tint+glass

vip tint+glass Active Member

^^^sshhhhhhh me too

10. //935GS400

//935GS400 VSC Super Moderator

Pimp! looks nice!

11. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

haha i got it all done at a shop.. and i actually do have Some minor stitching on the visors ill take a better pic later. i wanted the visors to be subtle and i think they said they have a problem putting the diamond stitching on a lot of thin pieces or something.
    they put apad under the rear pillar before stitching so its a nice tufted leather thats soft to the touch. i actually didnt even want gator on my pillar, they messed up LOL i was originally going to do gator accents on the sunroof, visors and B pillars. then do black leather with the double stitching on the entire roof and A,C and top half of B pillars. but it worked out i guess cuz its so hard to tell its even gator unless im in direct sunlight or camera flash. so people dont really notice. im usually not a fan of most animal print it looks tacky but i loved this one from when i first saw it.

12. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

nothing left to do but ball till you fall...

looks sick. but the gator skins would creep me out if it were in my car.

13. Razzi

Razzi New Member

that's really nice. it's a shame the roof still vanilla, does it look awkward or does it blend in?

14. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

actually it looks pretty good right now. theres kind of a 2tone brown and black theme goin on. but i am going to make all the tan parts leather eventually. i got tan plastic so thats why i made the stitching match the tan.

15. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

any new pics or updates? hoping to pick up a f50 next year.

16. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

ill post pics in a couple weeks. roof and a pillars are at the upholstery shop still and i sent a load of pieces to zion97 to get some woodgrain airbrushed on. interior will be done after that, well until my seats get more wear then im getting either mode parfume or garson seat covers. :shrug:

17. XCELMotorsports

XCELMotorsports New Member

I love the diamond stich look. Real up to date luxury without feeling like an old geezer type of luxury.

18. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

where are you from? how much is all this gonna cost you?

nvm, im guessing your from hawaii

19. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

yes im from hawaii and yes its kinda pricey :yahoo_101: lol.

to Razzi; i Did actually end up changing my headliner because it was tan and i have a black on black car so it really bugged me. i guess it was a waste cause my headliner and pillars were all mint, but redoing it in black alcantara is probably just as expensive if not more.
    i smoke in my car so i want as little fabric as possible, thats why i went with what i did. i kind of rushed my headliner i WAS gonna hold off for awhile but i decided to put more ceramic to help cool my car down so my headliner was off already anyway. heres what it looks like. [​IMG]
    upholstery shop is taking extra long to finish. they were supposed to be done by today. :signdammit: ill have pics up when i get it back.

more importantly zion97 is doing a bunch of wood pieces right now for me and once i get those back my roof will really be complete. :runcoold:

20. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

Nice. Cant wait to see it when its done