building a VIP Stylized 9th gen corolla... yep econobox

Discussion in '101 Builds' started by ballistic1350, Mar 17, 2015.

1. ballistic1350

ballistic1350 New Member

So I kept working on my front table today and am hoping to get opinions...[​IMG][​IMG]
    Heres where I need the opinions:
    Option 1: I can keep the full cup holders in there like they are and just wrap them in some chrome wrap so they look nice. I'll add some dowels wrapped in the wood towards the ends for support.
    Option 2: cut the cup holders flush with the bottom of the upper portion so there is space in the bottom and use dowels as stanchions, which I'll wrap in chrome vinyl or even wood vinyl.

[​IMG]

help me out guys!

2. MaxiNone

MaxiNone New Member

i like how it looks with the cup holders going all the way to the bottom board. but i think cutting them and leaving the space open between the 2 "trays" will look best.

3. lexo16

lexo16 New Member

So much Win here.. i want to build a table now.

4. ToddMS

ToddMS Member

This looks great - I would cut the cupholders. I think it would be better to see more of the bottles.

The only thing I couldn't stand on this site is the people claiming what is and what isn't VIP style cars. VIP is a style and I think it can work on almost any sedan/wagon/suv.

5. 33flavors

33flavors VSC Super Moderator

Get used to it. VIP style can be applied to any car but a true VIPCAR is platform 1st.

6. ballistic1350

ballistic1350 New Member

Yep, I'm saving up as we speak for a second car to play with. Gotta keep the econobox for daily duties and have a true vip car for weekend/evening drives

7. brainneeded

brainneeded Active Member

cuz its the truth. people like to cry about how shit is elitist.... isn't that the whole point?

8. MR.J

MR.J New Member

what @33flavors said.
    Original platforms will always come first, but I love it when I see out of the box cars go with the vip style, look at what thailand is doing, some of those cars are so legit!!
    high hopes for this build keep it up :)

9. ballistic1350

ballistic1350 New Member

Sorry the updates haven't been streaming in... been incredibly busy. I finally got my coils in the mail today, however it'll be a little before I have time to put them on

[​IMG]

I pullled most of the interior and am having them dyed black! can't wait to get them back... and put in lol

Here's why I have been busy:
    I had a competition a few weeks back and the wife had one a few weeks later and will have another this weekend... sooooo much time and prep
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ballistic1350

ballistic1350 New Member

Still haven't had time to work on the car, however my Beat Sonic antenna came in the mail over the weekend, can't wait to install all this stuff[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. ballistic1350

ballistic1350 New Member

Finally got the coils installed, I need to roll and pull the fenders to get my wheels on it. I'll prob have to raise it up some since the stock wheels are 15s and my ssr are 18. At least till I get the rear camber shims and everything sorted.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  12. ballistic1350

ballistic1350 New Member

Had to remove my front sway bar and endlinks since they were hitting the frame over pretty much every bump. I also took a minute to test fit the SSRs. Definitely need to go buy camber bolts and roll the fenders so I can get nice and low
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. ballistic1350

ballistic1350 New Member

Also got my Beat sonic antenna installed[​IMG]

14. brainneeded

brainneeded Active Member

not bad, starting to look better with drop and wheels.

15. ballistic1350

ballistic1350 New Member

Finally got my clazio seat covers in the mail, a nice couple month wait... Def worth it though

I'll get some better pics once I get every seat covered and all the painted black panels back in[​IMG]

16. ballistic1350

ballistic1350 New Member

Got the seat covers on, just need the panels to come back from paint. On a side note, I realized I'm not really too wild about my junction produce neck and hip pads. They really aren't very comfy. I think I'm gonna sell them and look into other brands. Any recommendations? [​IMG]

17. boostedsi

boostedsi New Member

Nice covers looks good

18. MaxiNone

MaxiNone New Member

really liking the seats. what makes the pads uncomfortable, is it the size or the shape it has?

19. ballistic1350

ballistic1350 New Member

Yeah they're too big (protrude too far) and they don't really give much at all

20. boostedsi

boostedsi New Member

I have jp pads too, I know what you mean, I just got a set of bellezza pads and pillows and they are a little smaller i find.