Best vip car to get for high school student??????

Discussion in '101 Off Topic' started by efedude77, Oct 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. efedude77

efedude77 New Member

Basically im in high school and want to to a vip build. I have about 4k to spend on a car and will put money into mods when I earn more. MY #1 CONCERN IS RELIABILITY. I've been looking at mainly es300's and ls400's. Is the ls400 even worth it considering how expensive it is to repair?

THanks!

2. Dranom

Dranom VSC Super Moderator

For a old car you really need maintenance on it. LS400 maintenance will be expensive esp if you have limited budget
    For example my buddy spent $930 on a new power steering line and alternator the other day and timing belt work with waterpump replacement will cost around 1500ish
    Y33 are cheaper but you need to find a good one

3. 33flavors

33flavors VSC Super Moderator

I recommend u not get into VIP.

4. illest

illest New Member

4k and you want reliability... Sorry that's going to be hard to accomplish. You have aspiration which will be good, but wanting to build on on I wouldn't do it. I recommend you invest in a civic and work to save towards something you want to build... (Don't mod the civic .. )

ES isn't a platform.. You can always do vip style on any car FYI. Rethink your alternatives before you make the purchase. Read, read, read.. Forums are abundance of knowledge!

Sent from my iPhone using VIPStyleCars

5. RITZY33

RITZY33 Member

Or you can be like the alarming new sweeping trend and buy a pre owned 97-98 Q45 with 170k plus mileage for around 2k add some megan coilovers 1k and some staggered 19" XXR's for 1k and BOOM! automatic VIP
    no?:shrug:

6. JP-LS400

JP-LS400 Member

I second that.

7. norcrawler

norcrawler New Member

some people dont have 7 grand for a mint y33! anyways, a fairly clean 97-01 could be had for around 4 grand. sure higher mileage but they will go for upwards of 300k if maintained properly.

8. mlracing

mlracing Member

Get a Honda Civic and cruise around saving for a while :)

9. MR.J

MR.J New Member

Im sure these guys are busting your chops, but they are right. "VIP" isnt cheap. Even if you buy a Y33 or older LS for cheap. Like I found out.
    I try'd to get both cars for cheap and it bit me i the ass, because I thought I could re-build them. It was going to cost more so I let them go to the junkyard instead. Now I'm saving my pennies and buying something worth it, low miles, well maintained and not abused like the local Whor3.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  10. bob_sagat

bob_sagat New Member

Buy a beater and keep saving. $4k wont get you very far.

11. swankx

swankx New Member

I picked up mine for 3500 with 125k miles drove it to Florida. To test it out from Maryland and it is good I got a good one lady driven. And maintained just replaced the alternator and batter total running me 275 for both batt and alternator

Sent from my iPhone using VIPStyleCars

12. Junya

Junya New Member

look farther in your area outside the city radius. people tend to shy away from far locations to buy their car because of the work involved of buying it. i found a minty y33 in Lake Havasu AZ when i lived in Vegas and bought it for $4500 with only 100K miles. Used my buddys pathfinder and a uhaul 2 wheel tow to bring it back. I did absolutely nothing but clean the interior and Flipped it for $5500.

In shorter terms: search outside the main cities on craigslist

13. beachbum-1

beachbum-1 Member

y33.shop around be patient

14. WestCoastNative

WestCoastNative New Member

Well man it's all up to you , I'm a senior and I dropped 1,800 on this 90' LS . Painted her , lowered er' got a lip , and some rims .. Ballin on a budget ? I think so , I'm Tryna get into that vip life too but I'm broke as hell . Follow your gut man! ImageUploadedByVIPStyleCars1387352956.691278.jpg

15. D3V3LOP3R

D3V3LOP3R New Member

Save up a little longer and get something that won't actually shit out on you my dude! Maybe wait until you have a more sustained income to buy it...because like everyone said above me, VIP cars aren't cheap.

16. 2lato

2lato New Member

I would say the best would be an LS 400