'95 Q45 OG/RE Build Thread

Discussion in 'Infiniti/Nissan' started by OG, Jul 23, 2012.

1. jeebus

jeebus Active Member

Hadn't really seen the thread but it looks way better in person.

2. OG

OG Active Member

[​IMG]

installed nardi/splash hub. haven't taken the time to figure out the horn yet. other than that i've just been driving it. i started to go in on the impul r1, i decided i really hate dailying rubberbands, but they are going to a new home as soon as they are complete in a trade for some wheels i should have never got rid of in the first place. carlssons are for sale. next on the plate is going to be z32/z33 brake setup w/ red wrinkle finish calipers. also need to knock out the steering rack and drive axles. money is slow right now.

3. AmoneyQ45

AmoneyQ45 New Member

Looking gangster.

4. OG

OG Active Member

[​IMG]

been on that 15/19 stagger swagger for a few days, waiting on yet another replacment tire.

[​IMG]

z32 calipers in red wrinkle. i didn't get the relocation brackets in time, after the ones i thought i was gonna use turned out to be wrong, so i'll be rocking on stock z32 cheapy front and centric premium rears for a second. after that will be 12.75" fronts.

5. OG

OG Active Member

ended up not doing the brakes yet. replaced tire, swapped out antenna, and temp. fixed corner light. back to riding clean. next up is to replace studs, change wheels (hate dailying 35 series), do brakes, and axles/steering rack to wrap up the maintenance (for now).

6. jzz30tt

jzz30tt New Member

What rack did you get? I've got a rebuilt unit (from rack doctor, i think) waiting to go in mine whenever I do the rest of the front suspension.

7. OG

OG Active Member

i haven't ordered it yet, although i will order from rackdoctor as well. on my other g50 he built me a rack with tein inner rods and spl outers. i'll probably go the same route, but this time with s chassis compnents. :naughty:

8. jzz30tt

jzz30tt New Member

Nice! I've heard a lot of good things about him.. hopefully it'll fix my sloppy steering issue.

9. OG

OG Active Member

so i was all hyped up to do some crazy shit (again), but with the new acquisition i'm gonna go back to the original plan (again). took her to the shop tonight, and will get started soon. new plan:

1) remove carlssons
    2) cut off damaged lug nut, replace wheel stud(s), remove pbm spacers
    3) wrap up impul r1 refinish
    4) wrap up z32/z33 brake upgrade
    5) aquire cusco fuca
    6) replace f/r lca w/ rebuilt/upgraded parts
    7) align @ 6-7* (guesstimated) camber f/r
    8) size for new spacers
    9) replace axles and rack

10. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

sounds pretty solid to me:biggthumpup:

remind me of what the impul r1 is

11. OG

OG Active Member

bbs rs for nissans:

[​IMG]

think i'm also going to experiment with some spc arms. i wanna see the quality, i want to see how they ride with rubber bushings, i want to see how durable they are, they're cheap as hell, and i'm gonna sell the car eventually anyway.

12. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

spc makes some legit ball joints, so I would assume they are good?

13. OG

OG Active Member

i think legit is stretching it a bit. i've used some of the ball joints/fuca when there weren't any other options. it's kind of parts house quality custom stuff. it's aight. on the other hand eibach and ichiba rebadge their parts so it can't be too bad. i've never had any problems.

14. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

Yeah for an off the shelf go to parts place it isnt bad. It gets the job done. And even "name" brand parts use noisey heim joints where i have had to buy nicer ones from some where else to use them. But! If you want better you end up going after higher rade race car manufactures that produce them and at that point it is so custom you have to do more to just get it to work; when most of the ones i used from them are bal joint replacements. I really liked the ones i used on the s2000 and made it a breeze to do. But doing it for a "look" only with no real performance behind doing it, spc is fine.

15. OG

OG Active Member

word. both brands i use use fk bearings. i always tell people to pay attention to the components the arm is made of; tubing, welding, and joints. that's where the difference is, but if you can't id it there's no telling. the designs are the same for the most part. hoping to lower the total investment and raise the comfort level of the car.

16. OG

OG Active Member

decided to let this one go. the v is obviously the new daily and as much as i love g50s there's no point in having 2 just sitting around. gonna take some stuff off, fix a couple minor things, and send her on to the next one. if anyone is looking for a solid starting point lmk:

http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/showthread.php?32016-TW-95-Infiniti-Q45

if not then i'll pick it back up sooner or later.

17. OG

OG Active Member

18. OG

OG Active Member

apparently i'm catching up on some bad karma cause i can't win for shit these days. the sts-v got hit, so the q is going back on daily status. i had it on jackstands for round 2, which started off with removing a stripped lugnut (and destroying a pbm spacer, a rotor, and 5 lugs in the process). luckily lugs are cheap, i have a spare rotor, and i ordered some 25mm bolt ons so that my stocks will clear my tie rod ends. also have to replace a fitting on the external tranny filter that i broke being careless. i'd really like to at least get my wheels/brakes finished up, but any money will be going to the cadi for a minute.

19. 00scotty

00scotty New Member

sucks to hear bro.

20. carlos

carlos New Member

Your fault on the accident? Is the STS stock? Never seen one fixed up.