3 piece wheel flat head bolts problems

Discussion in 'Wheels and Suspension' started by alpha, Apr 23, 2013.

1. alpha

alpha New Member

ok im trying to take apart my other set of lorinsers, they have stupid flat head on the bolts...
    i managed to take one wheel fully apart but others wont barge, screws just keep spinning...
    anyone has any ideas? i even tried to make a little recess with angle grinder to catch a flat head screw driver on it, but still no luck

[​IMG]

one on the right...

i dont care how fucked they gonna get, i have replacements anyways, but i need these wheels apart and possibly without any damage

2. brainneeded

brainneeded Active Member

if you have steady hands, drill em out. vice grip and impact wrench maybe? why didnt the screwdriver method work?

3. alpha

alpha New Member

im using impact driver, screw driver just snaps out of the groove and thats it.

i tried drilling 2 out, but because they arent tightened they just start spinning... and problem is i cant even retighten them either... i tried angle grinder too but not too keen on damaging my barels as im planning on reusing them on my new set.
    I emailed a local business that does wheel refurb, told them my problem, see what their response is... i dont care about the bolts, its just the wheels i dont want to mess up, dont mind paying some one who knows what they are doing, plus it will save me some time

4. OG

OG Active Member

weld something to the bolt head that allows you to keep them from spinning.

5. brainneeded

brainneeded Active Member

i'd try a vice grip and impact wrench.

6. alpha

alpha New Member

Well I'm giving it another go this weekend, if no luck they will be dropped off at local wheel shop. They said it will cost me approx $80 usd. So not too bad