2gs bellezza curtains: WHATS THE SECRET?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by DeeweezyGS, Dec 15, 2011.

1. DeeweezyGS

DeeweezyGS New Member

ok guys i have a 99 gs300
    bought some bellezza curtains and just attempted to install them and need some help=/
    i cleaned top and bottom area with alcohol pads so it would stick good
    bottom stuck good cuz its straight
    the top however was a plastic rail what i did was slightly heated it on the end where top of door bends slightly and i got it as close as possible to the same bend of the door and it just still wont stick that great and im using 3m tape.....kind of tired of redoing the tape and getting same results....
    HELP PLEASE whats the secret or what am i doing wrong
    right now its one side giving me trouble.....the top rail i got the bent part to finally stick good but then the other side wont stay stuck to the door

THANKS IN ADVANCE! sorry im a noob

2. autofashionELROY

autofashionELROY New Member

plastic rail goes on the bottom. metal goes on top cause it can be bent to shape.

3. blakuza

blakuza VSC Vendor

hmmm i thought plasic went on top and metal on the bottem thats how i did it on my 3gs. but i used garson curtains.

4. autofashionELROY

autofashionELROY New Member

jp, garson & bellezza all use the same rails. the metal rail goes on top and don't pull out the rubber insert till you get the final shape or you'll warp the inner track and the curtains won't be able to move smoothly.

5. GEE702

GEE702 New Member

I did mine the exact same way and mine is still holding. go get some wax & grease remover from an autoparts store. And after you stick the rail on, go over it with the heat gun again. GL

6. vip tint+glass

vip tint+glass Active Member

had the same issue with our q45. i just cut the plastic rail. dont ever close them anyway

7. DeeweezyGS

DeeweezyGS New Member

yea sorry i never replied i had gotten it the next day
    weird thing is my problem was doin them at night lol
    cool weather messed me up cuz the following day when sun was out(not hot but perfect weather) it stuck RIGHT ON and they still there=]

thanks to everyone for the feedback

8. DeeweezyGS

DeeweezyGS New Member

but would anyone happen to have a extra hook?
    the hook you stick to front side of door to hold the curtain BAND towards the front
    i only recieved one=/

9. 1cleanM

1cleanM New Member

daweezy, ill try to find the one in my stash somewhere , i know i had an extra ! ill go look for it when i get home and ill let you know !!!

10. speedaddict

speedaddict bippu cowboy

LOL...everyone is doing their curtains backwards. Metal rail on top to bend to the shape, plastic on the bottom....

smh @ heating the plastic....

11. pmendoza502

pmendoza502 New Member

i would ditch the double sided tape the give you and go to your local hardware store and get the 3m outdoor double sided tape, the kind they use for exterior car parts, or at the very least, use the 5 pound per inch kind.

the metal rail goes on top, and i suggest opening your window, and using zip ties to hold the top rail in place to keep it snug against the window frame and hold it there for your till the adhesive makes a good bond, then you can just got them off after a few minutes and wala!