18 crown majesta (uzs186)

Discussion in 'Lexus/Toyota' started by sojah, Mar 15, 2015.

1. sojah

sojah Member

i should have started this thread two weeks ago but here we are. unfortunately it might not be a great build thread showing progress and what not since i bought an 08 black crown majesta (uzs186) from the japanese internet car auctions and had it shipped straight from Kobe to my car shop here in Okinawa (Garcia's), where it has sat for the last few weeks. i ordered the black pearl body kit for it and as soon as it arrives they will be installing it. The car is sort of like a UL version found in the stateside LS430 since it has factory air susp, rear reclining seats, side and rear shades etc...

Car was bone stock except for the JDM side window visors when i bought it so thus far i've purchased a few things for it. Some are in the mail presently some are here already and on the car:

1. DataSystems Air susp controller
    2. 19'' Aimgain G wheels (19x9 & 19x10 something like 2.5" & 3.5" or 4" lips, need to measure to be sure)
    3. new tires since apparently a 245x35x19 is huge on a 19x10
    4. rolled fenders, but might have to have some parts shaved since not an immediate fit after rolling
    5. Black Pearl (BP) complete body kit
    6. You Zealand SS Kit (30mm body drop kit)
    7. BP side mirror blinker things
    8. a pair of porsche dual exhaust tips
    9. shiny lugs
    10. matte black badges

that is all i've got thus far, as far as future stuff i was considering rear arms for more camber if these wheels won't fit. i'm really confused though since my last car was essentially the same chassis and i had more aggressive 20's on it i would have thought this car could fit the 19's i got easy but unless there is actually less wheel well room then these wheels must have huge back pad spacing or something. they were 19x9 like +15 ish & 19x10 +10 ish or something like that that came with 225x35x19 & 245x35x19 but these were huge and not drivable low so i just ordered some 215x35x19 & 235x35x19's, hope these fit a little smaller with a decent stretch.

my newest mod just came in last night:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  2. sojah

sojah Member

pics from the auction site of the car stock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

uncool wheel fitment, guess you can't win em all on the first try especially on some used wheels that i didn't get to choose the exact sizes and offsets of. gotta get the fenders more rolled and possibly shaved in some spots plus put on the smaller tires.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is also a hill and not my ideal spot to try and mount and measure and lower and all that fun stuff. but in japan some places gotta deal with the small amount of space they have.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  3. sojah

sojah Member

more parts.

not sure if they should go this way:
    [​IMG]

or this way:

[​IMG]

4. mlracing

mlracing Member

Top for sure.. but I guess it depends how your bumper is laid out

5. sojah

sojah Member

getting a little closer. got smaller tires and you zealand ss kit on the way. these pics are presently as low as it will go, but after the ss kit it will be 30 mm lower (1.2") and hopefully more tucked. hopefully the body kit will get here by early next week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i was really unsure about these wheels (design) on this car, but after looking at it for a min or two yesterday i think they are a perfect match (in my opinion). not too aggressive and not too classy, gotta admit i was a little excited yesterday, can't wait to see it lower, full kit, matte black badges, exhaust tips, tint, etc...

the kit might just about touch the ground, not sure if that is a good thing or not¿

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  6. OG

OG Active Member

couldn't tell from the pic in the other thread but this is my favorite crown. the rear end makes the car.

7. mlracing

mlracing Member

The wheels are awesome :D

8. sojah

sojah Member

yessir ^ ^ ^, i totally agree. i have big plans or well medium sized plans for the rear. if it turns out the way i think it will then it should be a pretty sweet lookin ride.

like i mentioned in my last thread, even just days after purchasing my previous 18 crown athlete i was kicking myself for not waiting for a clean majesta (the cheaper ones were bad) to show up, but at that time with the yen rate being what it was they were more expensive (1 $ = 75 yen). with the yen rate at like 120 today it's like getting 20% of the car if you buy it with dollars converted into yen.

9. sojah

sojah Member

new pics.

new skinnier rear tires fitted, and looks like the toe is off just by a hair. 19x10 with a 235x35x19.

[​IMG]

body kit was test fitted and then modded to actually fit. ss kit installed and presently it is on setting 9 on the datasystems controller. the kit is gonna touch the ground on L ;)

[​IMG]

i might need to add a little more negative camber. presently on the look out for some adjustable upper controler arms for it.

[​IMG]

this is on setting 9 on the controller after being lowered 3cm via the ss kit. i still want to tuck a little more tire so i might have to go with a 20" wheel to achieve this. these 19's on this car are just a little too small. so if this is my lowest safe driving height below it just looks a little too tall to me.

[​IMG]

rear bumper mod

[​IMG]

10. mrbrian8

mrbrian8 Member

Looks good and i agree it still seems a little high, but very nice nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using VIPStyleCars

11. obese

obese New Member

The car looks good, but I don't know about the wheels.

12. sojah

sojah Member

as in what, you don't like the size, or the style, or what? what would you recommend?

13. sojah

sojah Member

so forgive me for asking a noob question or wanting clarity on a noob-ish question, but if i just want to pull in the top of the rear wheel say 1/4" would that be an adjustable rear upper arm like this here? would anything else likely be required or just that?

and BTW the T-demand one is damn near $850. at this point a slightly smaller set of wheels may be the easier route to take.

rear upper arms.JPG

these are all the arms and arm pieces that T-demand makes for my car presently.

http://www.t-demand.jp/products/proarm_t07.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  14. alpha

alpha New Member

looking good bro!

15. brainneeded

brainneeded Active Member

yeah, you'd need an adjustable rear upper arm. you could do the cheap route and have someone cut your stock one and add an adjuster. other than that, you're probably SOL, it's not a very common chassis.

16. sojah

sojah Member

i might have to pass on the upper arms option since most recommend the lower and toe arms all at the same time and i ain't got crazy loot to be droppin $2500 for some extra rear camber. i'd rather put that into the correct sized wheels...

but here are some recent shots with the car at L on the controller. can't drive it at this height, just for looks, you know¿

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

at this height without the body kit it would be about 2" from scraping. when the kit gets put on it might be touching the ground on L mode... gonna look pretty sweet to me for pics. just wish i could drive it at a lower setting.

at the 9 setting on the controller it is like 1.5" too high to me. i want the above tire gap height when driving. that is gonna require 20" wheels of a slightly thinner make, and another 20mm drop... maybe version 2.3 ;)

17. mrbrian8

mrbrian8 Member

I thought i saw megan has one for 18 crown, gonna dig through my mags, i am sure i saw it somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using VIPStyleCars

18. mlracing

mlracing Member

19. sojah

sojah Member

i don't know if they fit both chassis (mine is the UZS186 now, i used to have the grs18#). i've actually seen them separated out on one site and not separated out on others.

i just put up a pic of that Megan site along with my question in japanese on a japanese crown page, so hopefully i will know something soon. but if they do fit then i am definitely getting those, thanks for the link mlracing. those at 25,920 yen are a lot cheaper.

20. alpha

alpha New Member

3gs/grx markX/lexus IS and 18/20 crown stuff fits bro. also factory IS UCA's are shorter than 18 ones, gives you -6.5 camber